The Surgery Center of Southern Oregon has been providing multi-specialty surgical services for our local communities since 1997. We are seeking an on-call Certified Surgical Technologist for a 5 OR ambulatory center. New grads are welcome to apply!
As a Certified Surgical Technologist, you won’t have to take call or work weekends or major holidays. You will have a great opportunity to join a hard-working, dedicated team who values our greatest asset, our people!
What You’ll Do
• Become a critical member of the surgical team by functioning as a Surgical Technician in and ambulatory surgery setting.
• Anticipate the needs of the surgeon, pass appropriate instruments, and assist in exposure of the surgical field
• Select and prepare the appropriate supplies and equipment for surgical cases and operate all surgical equipment
• Organize instrumentation and the sterile field
• Deliver a high standard of patient care and safety according to SCSO policies and procedures, local, state and federal regulations, accreditation standards and professional best practices
• Perform all surgical counts consistently, including safety count
Who You Are
• You have knowledge of procedure and technique in caring for patients, equipment, and supplies
• You can demonstrate aseptic technique, scrub, gown, and glove counts; and other aspects of scrub role
• You can task-switch rapidly without losing your efficiency or your focus
What You Must Have
• High School diploma, GED, or equivalent experience demonstrating ability to effectively communicate as required for the position
ONE of the following is required:
Education/licensure/certification: Completion of a surgical technologist educational program accredited by a national accreditation organization approved by the Oregon Health Authority, and holds a surgical technologist certification issued by the educational program; or
Documentation that the ST has completed a surgical technologist training program in the US military, and completes 16 hours of continuing education approved by OHA; or
Documentation that the ST practiced surgical technology during at least two of the three years immediately preceding January 1, 2017 in a health care facility in Oregon or in another state or as an employee of a federal government agency/institution, and completes 16 hours of continuing education approved by the OHA.
Current BLS (or obtained within the first 90 days of employment)
Completion of 16 hours of continuing education approved by the OHA every two years. (Rule effective January 1, 2017)
• BLS: Basic Life Support for the Healthcare Provider certified by the American Heart Association (AHA) required upon start
• NRP: Neonatal Resuscitation Program Instructor certification issued by the AHA, preferred
What We Offer (On-Call)
• A dynamic and supportive leadership team who is invested in your growth
• Supportive culture that leads to outstanding patient outcomes
• Competitive Pay
• Employee Assistance Program
• 401K with up to a 6% match for eligible employees
• Day shift
• Monday to Friday
The Surgery Center adheres to CDC and OHA infection control guidelines.
Job Type: On-Call
Work Location: In person